South Hobart Sustainable Community
Who are we?
We are residents of South Hobart.
We recognize that transitioning to a sustainable way of life is one of the key challenges of the 21st century.
We want to work together and share what we learn along the way.
We feel that the most effective change at the moment can happen at the community level, and that the future will bring greater reliance on local resources and local people.
We remain optimistic and aim for a fun, friendly and fulfilling place to live.
How will we achieve our aims?
- Embrace appropriate technology to communicate, power our homes, live well and grow our food.
- Treat South Hobart as an experimental model of sustainability.
- Excite friends and family to roll up their sleeves and help out.
- Reconnect with each other to strengthen South Hobart community spirit.
- Learn from community groups with similar aims.
Visit our website: www.southhobart.org