Salies de Béarn
Initiative Salies de Béarn started in oct 2009, after a presentation of transition by two members of the association APQV( protection of the quality of life) to the board. In dec 2009 a steering group was formed, Sylvain Chevalier, Jean François Gaillard, Kitty de Bruin and Piet van Oudenallen. Recently Bernadette Campagne joined the group for a few months. Especially to help with the garden project in the town of Salies. A group (groupe de semence) is formed to exchange ideas and knowledge about gardening, schools were visited to start school garden projects. The mayor asked us to change a piece of land (3000 m2) in a jardin examplaire.We showed 4 times the transition film, in the townhall of Salies three times and in Billère 1 time together with the AMAP of Gan, Slowfood Bèarn en Tissline64. In sept 2010 we showed the film solutions locales pour un disordre global, followed by a debate about the relation with transition.
- jan 2010 presentation of the transitionproject at the assemblee general, accepted
- 5th of march first public presentation of the movie en transition for 30 persons
- 30th of march presentation of the the movie en transition in billere together with slowfood, petits homme de la terre, et Tisslien64, about 40 persons
- In april again a presentation of transition 1.0
- We organised a debate after the movie: solutions locals pour un disordre global, and more than 12people signed up to form a group de “semences, seeds” to exchange info about gardening, exchanging seeds etc;
- june 2010 we organised a local market for small producers,in Burgaronne and we had 300 visitors.
- The 13th of november we organized at one of the local wine producers la fête des vignerons, with accordeon music and the visitors brougt their own home made food.
- The mayor asked us to exploit a piece of land in the midddle of the town to make it an garden to show old varieties of vetegables.
- Thats why we started an other association, working closing together with the APQV , Salies de Béarn en Transition
- For french info see www.salies-de-bearn.transitionfrance.fr
- In spring 2011 we did an experiment with growing vegetables in the containers de kiwi and during the summer the agreement for the plot of land was signed with the municipality
- We will organise again evenings with various themes, and are looking for a clubhouse.
- 8 october 2011 we organised a “troc des plantes et semences), on a day where more than 40 associations were gathered to present their programs.
- We showed the plan of the garden and the mission of transition
- This autumn we will install 40 kiwi containers to start on an old , abandonned railroad station a garden for and by the citizens.
- The projet community garden is developping