Omstilling Sagene (Oslo, Norge)
Sagene is an urban district in the centre of Oslo with approximately 35,000 inhabitants. Our group started in November 2010 and has since implemented a number of projects in the community. Here’s a brief list of what our small group has managed to carry out with a tiny budget and lots of enthusiasm!
- annual bike repair workshop (donations given to an ecological orphanage in Thailand)
- “exchange markets” (byttemarked på norsk)
- storytelling course
- the Garden Trailer – challenging the street parking paradigm in Oslo
- the “Wish Tree” – local democracy in action!
- permaculture park gardening
- soil building project/local food production
- movie screenings with guest speakers and small group discussions
- vermiculture course
- sour dough bread baking course
- homebrewing course
- edible weeds in the city walk/cooking course
- lactic acid fermentation course
- gardening at kindergardens
- information displays – raising awareness about Omstilling Sagene and the Transition movement
- seed bomb stand
- permaculture dance workshop
- fruit press and jucing stand on Park(ing) Day with local pears and apples from the parks
- LETS.no – Norway’s first local exchange trading system
- herbal butter demonstration stand
- jam and chutney course
- Friendship North/South cooperation with Ecobarrio Villa4Alamos
- inner Transition cabin trip (hytte tur på norsk)
- seminar about the “New Economy” in cooperation with Grønn Hverdag
- presentations and support for neighboring Transition Initiatives
All of our courses are offered free of charge or for a low cost. (Donations are always appreciated!) Anyone is welcome to attend courses or take part in our projects, regardless of where you live.
Check out our Facebook page to see pictures from our past events and hear about upcoming courses! Click here for an article about Omstilling Sagene in Pengevirke – Cultura Bank’s magazine (in Norwegian).
If you live in Norway and would like to start a Transition initiative, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We would love to help you get the process started and cooperate with your group! We also can to send people to host lectures and workshops.