Kings Cliffe Transition
We are an enthusiastic active group of volunteers based in the fabulous village of Kings Cliffe, Northants. We’re passionate about Transition, here’s a bit more information about what we’re up to.
- Transport Group: Monthly Bikefix workshops; Local bike ride leaflets; Community minibus; Generally encouraging the community to walk or use their bikes rather than jump into the car for short journeys.
- Food Group: Community orchard at local primary school; Surplus veggie table in Post Office; List of local food sources; Allotment project creating mini-allotments for people who can’t or don’t want to manage a full or half-size allotment.
- Youth Group: Recycling toys, games etc.
- Other: Kings Cliffe Transition Fair every November to encourage folk to buy local.
- Awareness Raising: We write an article about our Transition activities every month in the village gazette, as well as a quarterly newsletter that goes out to our wider membership. We have designed and printed an information brochure that has been posted through people’s doors and is made available at any events we run. We have a website, which is updated quarterly, and an active facebook page.
- New cycle/walking routes, e.g. local disused railway line. If the whole line were converted it would link several local communties as well as going a long way towards providing an excellent route into Peterborough for cycling commuters.
- We would like to start an Energy Group, and have been inspired by Lewes Transition’s solar panel project. One day…