The Initiating Group first met in February 2010. The other members of the Initiating Group are Cath, Claudia, Doug, John, Michelle, Rowena and Wendy.
Examples of our work are:
* Potlucks and celebrations of the changing seasons.
* Bountiful Backyard Experiments – an ongoing group for people wanting to *really* learn to grow food. We experiment and learn from one another (see projects).
* Homegrown Social & Eco Entrepreneurs seminar and workshop – Feb 2014 (see projects).
* We have put together a ‘Sustainable Food’ brochure (see projects).
* We host ongoing monthly Fruit & Vegie swaps in Newport Lakes, Altona and now Williamstown and have twice delivered 60kgs+ of lemons to Foodbank.
* We’ve run a few ‘Talk’n Techs’ – meet-ups in the pub to discuss home energy efficiency.
* Facilitated a Tour de Coop (tour of backyard chickens), Community Garden tour, hosted Neighbourhood Garden Party and an Open Garden.
* Responses to Council on Laverton Park, Nature Strip Policy, Waste and Litter Management plan, budget and Arts and Culture Plan.
* Run ‘Home Energy’, ‘Understanding your new smart meter’ and ‘Upcycling, Recycling and Waste Not’ workshops.
* Promoting Ground To Ground (see projects).
* Made some clips and posted them to our YouTube account.
* Hosted ‘Fermenting Fridays’, a monthly exploration of all things fermenting (see projects).
* Reskilling – soap making workshop, fruit tree pruning.
* Local recycling guide.
* A ‘strawberry run’ and jam making.
* We’ve had a presence at local festivals – Altona, Newport, Williamstown and Laverton. At Newport’s annual bush dance we are there with free cups of herbal tea (fresh herbs from local gardens).
* We’ve also got a facebook group.
… You’ll have to visit our website to get the full list.